July 5, 2011

This weekend my husband and I hosted a 45th wedding anniversary party for his parents. For dessert I used the sugar dough recipe as the base for strawberry shortcakes. I appologize for no pictures (We had 11 RSVP and 29 showed up!!! So we were a bit busy!). However, they were a great hit. Agreeing with Dana, how could a dessert recipe calling for a pound of butter not be delicious!

I patted the dough out on a cookie sheet, sprinkled it with coarse raw sugar and baked it all in one piece. While it was still warm, I cut it into squares with a pizza cutter.

To serve the shortcakes I had a variety of fruit ~ strawberries, blueberries, and spiced peaches ~ in separate bowls and whipped cream. Guests could build their own to their liking.

Thank you, Sarah, for a great recipe this month!

2 comments:

  1. sounds great! I did something similar because it makes so much dough! I pressed mine into a tart pan and topped it with whipped cream and berries. Yum! Glad it went well and you survived more people than expected!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,
    You and I should team up on a recipe sometime. That would be fun! Would love to create, cook and share a blog post :-)

    ReplyDelete