May 28, 2010

Dilly Casserole Bread


I know that I keep saying this, but "better late than never"..........
and so as we are halfway through May, I have finally got to make one of the March recipes - Dilly Casserole Bread.

I admit that I didn't know what to expect, having never heard the term 'casserole bread' before. Only know, do I understand that it is designed to not require kneading - which in my mind defeats one of the purposes of making bread: I love to knead!

And so I made it.

I confess that I wasn't that impressed - the taste was OK but not remarkable, the texture a bit too cakey (it was almost like savoury panettone!). I'm not sure that I will be making it again!

Plus, it got very brown very quickly - normally my oven is a bit slow, but not with this recipe!

My partner wasn't that impressed either! Maybe I will get a chance to try to Maple Oat bread recipe - I think that I'll enjoy that one more!

No comments:

Post a Comment