May 16, 2010

The Strawberry Clafoutis


So, I'm obviously very late in posting, but I figured better late than never- especially since I posted the recipes. I had tried these tasty treats while living in France, but never attempted to make my own, so it seemed like a worthwhile goal. I have a French dessert cookbook that I had bought while over there but had also never tried, so I enlisted Christina's help and between the two of us we got the Clafoutis recipe translated. There were several lessons learned- the almonds weren't ground fine enough (no food processor) and some of the batter oozed out of the bottom of the tart pan I used (it was closest in size to what I needed...), but it still turned out pretty well. Another try and it might taste pretty close to what I remember.

1 comment:

  1. It looks lovely.
    Maybe you should just use ground almonds (almond meal) like I did........

    ReplyDelete