April 30, 2011

Sun-Sational Cheesecake



I decided that since it has been ages since I have had a chance to bake, and not much was planned for the weekend, I just had to bake a cheesecake. I decided on the more traditional Sun-Sational Cheesecake. The recipe was easy to follow, though I had to find an Australian substitute for Graham Crackers: I used Arnotts Marie Biscuits - they are a plain sweet biscuit, often used for tart/cake bases.


I confess that I added more lemon rind than suggested - I find with citrus recipes that more of the rind/juice makes it taste even better!


I was a bit concerned when I was making the topping, as it seemed flavourless and glutinous as I was preparing it. I was also worried that I had overcooked the cake as the edges were a bit brown when I removed the springform, but then the centre was still quite a bit softer than the edges, so may be not!









Instead of the thin slices of lemon on top as in the recipe, I just put some lemon zest on top: it looked good!


Anyway, the cheesecake was delicious! And my partner loved it too!



1 comment:

  1. My boyfriend and I were lucky enough to have a slice of this cake from Matt. It was so delicious. I had to fight my partner for the last bite, and he's not usually a cheesecake kind of guy!

    ReplyDelete