October 9, 2009

Rolly Polly Pretzels

These were a real hit with our family. We love Auntie Ann’s pretzels and so that was the recipe of choice for me. The recipe did not seem overly fussy. I got the dough ready during the day and finally got around to the shaping in the evening. This was the trickiest part for me. I didn’t know about rolling them in mid-air. (Those of you who figured this out early – you are crafty!) I was trying to roll them out on our kitchen counter – and they kept shrinking. I rolled, they shrank. I rolled, they shrank. I gave up. Needless to say, I ended up with pleasingly plumb pretzels: Auntie Ann’s distant, fat relatives. Their deliciousness made up for their chunky character. I only made four that evening and I put the rest of the dough in the freezer for a future treat.


I chose the cinnamon/sugar mixture for our sprinkle. I loved them. David loved them. Jacob loved them. Emma loved them. Emma is asking me to take out another batch from the freezer so that we can have some more deliciousness this weekend. Hmmm, I think I will...in fact, I hear my daughter poking through the freezer right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment