October 6, 2009

SLEZTERP

Oops. Well, at least I am not the only one who didn't know what a pretzel looks like. Unfortunately, I was the only one who didn't know I didn't know what a pretzel looks like until all the pretzels were made. (Thanks, Jay, for pointing out my misshapen knots of buttery bread.) Whatever. They tasted delicious.

Since I was short on time this month, I was forced to make these on a week night. So we had pretzels for dinner! Three courses: salted ones as an appetizer; cheesey, peppery ones for the entree, and cinnamon sugar ones for dessert. Jay tried one with raspberry frosting left over from a cake I made recently--not so good, apparently.

I chose to make the Auntie Anne's recipe with 1 cup of wheat flour subbed in for 1 cup of the all purpose flour. It made a slightly heartier, nuttier pretzel. Right out of the oven--YUM. I will definitely make these again.

No comments:

Post a Comment